Welcome to OneChipDesign !
*** VoIP Gateway Unit (HAMSTIR X) ***
Example of Operation )
HAMSTIR X realize the mutual communicating among WIRES-X, EchoLink, RF each operators.
This system requires only one transceiver and antenna.
If you are already operating WIRES-X and Echolink separately, it's easy to start gateway system.
By only cable connection change, you can start it without any PC or rig setup.
* Word gateway is the same meaning as cross-linking.
Echolink and WIRES-X can be used with one transceiver.
Simply, it's like 3 persons meeting.
Actually, it functions as below.
- Mutual communicating between WIRES-X (HRI-200) and Echolink (HAMSTIR ST etc.) with FTM-400 (eg.).
By using smartphone, you can access to WIRES-X via Echolink-L/ -R.
(Echolink Single User Mode should be installed into smartphone.)
- Mutual communicating between WIRES-X (HRI-200) and Echolink (Home Made I/F) with ID-880 (eg.).
- No rig communicating by net-side stations only between WIRES-X and Echolink(include smartphone).
Example of Flow )
- When receiving from mobile station, HAMSTIR X sends the signal to WIRES-X and Echolink net stations.
- When receiving from WIRES-X net station, HAMSTIR X sends to Echolink net station,
and also sends RF signal to mobile station by rig control.
- When receiving from Echolink net station, HAMSTIR X sends to WIRES-X net station,
and also sends RF signal to mobile station by rig control.
- When transceiver is power-off or not connected condition,
the communicating only between WIRES-X and Echolink network is done.
Model Variation )
- PC(Echolink Single User) <==> EchoLink -L/ -R <==> HAMSTIR X Gateway <==> WIRES-X Room or Node
- Smartphone (Single User) <==> EchoLink -L/ -R <==> HAMSTIR X Gateway <==> WIRES-X room or Node
* Smartphone can not access directly to WIRES-X.
* In Echolink conference case, the gateway with other VoIP is not allowed by developement side.
- Echolink Node <==> HAMSTIR X Gateway <==> WIRES-X room or Node
- HAMSTIR X-6P : For General transceiver with 6P DATA terminal
- HAMSTIR X-10P : For FTM-400/100, DR-1X C4FM digital etc. with 10P DATA terminal
- Conversion Cable 6P to 10P : 6P type can meet to 10P DATA models. (serial data line not wired)
- In case of C4FM rigs FTM-400 etc., AMS mode is recommended.
Either C4FM or FM is automatically sellected. This is RF only.
- In WIRES-X program, you have to choose "Analog" in Transceiver window.
When choose "Digital one rig" or "Digital two rig", gateway does not work.
However, even WIRES-X is "Analog", RF can take C4FM digital (FTM-400 etc.).
- HAMSTIR X-10P is fully 10 lines wired.
So, without cable change, FTM-400 etc. can go into either WIRES-X "Digital" or "Analog" mode.
In "Digital" mode, of course, gateway does not work and Echolink becomes alone.
This switching can be done by net-remote even though rig is in "HRI-200 Control Mode".
- Interface for Echolink can be used not only HAMSTIR ST/DX but also other products
which have MiniDIN 6P (saquelch controlled type is better).
- For Echolink side, either single user mode PC or smartphone can not be used directly.
Interface is surely required.
Connection and Sound Level Adjustment )
- Power Supply : Alkaline Battery 1.5V 3pcs (LR03, AAA)
- Current Consumption : Less 0.01mA (No signal), less 0.5mA (with signal)
- Battery Life : Approx. 1 year (in case of total 2hours/ day with signal)
- Sends to Network : 2.5V or higher (Rig Squelch Open Level)
- Rig Transmitting : 0.3V or less (PTT control Level)
- Case Size and weight : W82 - D130 - H24mm, Approx. 250g,
- Material : Frame=Alminum, Panel=ABS
- Cable Length)
For HRI-200 : 15cm with MiniDIN 10P plug (RADIO 1)
For Rig DATA : 110cm with MiniDIN 6P or 10P plug (to Rig DATA terminal)
For General I/F (include HAMSTIR ST/ DX): 15cm with MiniDIN 6P Female plug
Change Batteries )
- Before connection of HAMSTIR X,
please be sure that the WIRES-X system (HRI-200, FTM-400 etc.) is working well.
Also, Echolink system too.
The use of voice ID TEST and test server contact are better way for sound checking.
- Change cable connections as figure shows.
- Confirm the sound level.
- When you wish to adjust the sound level so as to be even level between WIRES-X and Echolink,
try it carefully in considering which level should be increased or decreased. Confusion may happen!
Please understand [Maximum sound level] is as below.
For Echolink : Male ID voice in "Ident" window.
For WIRES-X : Male ID voice in Sound setting window (Calibrate volume must be 100).
Also, in Audio adjustments window, set Echolink ID level to meet broken line (roughly).
In no signal condition, battery consumption current is very few just like remote commander for TV.
When the sound is distorted or the switching of signal is unstable, battery will be the time to change.
Use + type 3mm screw driver.
- Loosen 2 screws at cable side.
- Pull the cable to slide out the board untill battery appears.
- Change 3 batteries to all new.
- Slide the board with the inner cable carefully not to bit.
- Take the reverse process to finish.
Inquiry & Order )
- HAMSTIR X-6P : JPY 6,500
- HAMSTIR X-10P : JPY 7,000
- Conversion Cable 6Pto10P : JPY 1,500
*Only Paypal system is available and can take the payment in JPY currency.
Please go to [HAMSTIR ST] (English) for details,
and send a quotation request mail first.
Copy and edit below items when you send a mail.
- Model : HAMSTIR X-10P / HAMSTIR X-6P = 1 set
- Rig use : FTM-400 / 100 / FT- / IC- / Home Brew (DATA terminal 6P required)
- Interface1 : HAMSTIR ST / Home Brew (must have DATA 6P plug)
- Interface2 : HRI-200
- Receipient :
- Address :
- Telphone No.:
Inquiry and Order : firstname.lastname@example.org
Hint to solve problems )
1. No Sound )
=> In SPEAKER and MIC window of sound property, try to remove check mark for sound option (exclude...)
=> In Built-in MIC (Note PC etc.) window of sound property, try to disable
2. PC on-board Sound Device No Sound)
Set PC on-board Sound Device to [Fixed Device].
Set HRI-200 USB Audio Device to [Fixed Communication Device].
Then, try again!
3. Sound intermittent or Connection error )
Windows10 OS has a OneDrive as a standard program.
However, this offten access to network in the back ground as a remote drive.
This access makes VoIP communincating bad.
Please stop "simultanious" to off or set the program to "invalid".
If this sympton is only Echolink, stop "Station List" downlording.
Go to [ Top ]
Go to [HAMSTIR ST] Page (English)
Go to [HAMSTIR DX] Page (English ; Under construction!!)
Go to [VoIP-Handset] Page (English)
Go to [OneChipDesign Home] (Japanese)
Echolink is a registered trademark of Synergenics, LLC.
WIRES-X is a registered trademark of Yaesu Musen Co.,Ltd.
Copyright 2012 OneChipDesign All rights reserved.